Friday, April 2, 2010


This Easter was filled with lots of adventures! The annual Easter egg hunt at aunt Mindy's work, egg dying at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's, Easter brunch and egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Miller's and lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's.

Aunt Mindy is so kind to invite us to come Easter egg hunting at her work. She always has tons of toys and candy filled eggs for the surrounding neighborhood. The Easter bunny made his presence there and I wasn't sure what Logan would think of him. From these photos I am sure we can all tell he loved him!

Grandma and Grandpa Smith go way beyond the call of duty for Easter when it comes to the egg hunt. On top of the candy filled eggs witch grows each year Grandma Smith lets all the kids come up the day before to dye real eggs. She boiled and prepped 12 dozen eggs for the kids to dye! Logan had such a blast dying all the eggs. We left with stained hands and lots of fun memories!

Because General Conference fell on Easter Sunday this year Grandma and Grandpa Miller hosted a brunch, games and Easter egg dying and a hunt on Saturday. Logan had such a blast looking for eggs. Aunt Joan brought her bunny over and I was impressed how much Logan loved him. It may happen that one day we may get a bunny pet.

Easter Sunday was so nice and relaxed. We watched conference, made food and hid the same Easter eggs for Logan to find about 10 different times. He just couldn't get enough. After Conference was over we ventured up to Grandma and Grandpa Smith's for dinner and the egg hunt. When kids don't want to pick up eggs anymore it probably means we have too many. It was all a big success except we couldn't find 4 real eggs in the yard. Next month we may be able to find them by smell!

Sadly Easter Sunday was the day for injury! Between sessions of Conference Logan was out riding his bike with Trent. Next thing we know he went to get off and got his foot caught behind the back of the bike. Next thing we know he has a major raspberry up the side of his face and a bruise above his eye. Then at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house later that day Logan decided to be super man and dive off the back of the couch into the girls blanket forts over the exercise equipment and what he thought would be a soft landing. One major goose bump right smack dab in the middle of his forehead. After putting butter on it we calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the day.

He is healing just fine, it just looks like we abuse our children!