Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lesson Learned

Yesterday we made the weekly trip to the grocery store to pick up some items for this next week. As we were walking into the store we passed a kid sitting on the sidewalk smoking who was way to young to be smoking, wearing dirty clothes and messy hair. I would have normally just walked by not paying attention but I was holding Logan.

He is into waving at everyone and everything lately. As we walked passed this kid Logan had a big smile waving right at him. He looked up at him and grinned.

I learned from my 11 month year old no matter what people look like, what stage of life they are in or where they come from we are all God's children and he cares about each one of us! Oh how blessed I am to have him as an example in my life.

Next time I will be the one waving at the stranger sitting on the sidewalk.

5 comments:

argylesocks said...

What a sweet boy and example to all of us really. Friendly we will be.

Laura-Lu said...

I love that story. so cute!

kallunkimom said...

Aren't kids great....! Love him (and you!)

SimplySavage said...

OH MY HECK! Andrea! It's Megan Latour! Well Savage now but..Remeber me? I found your blog through Zoe's! How is life?!

leah said...

Kids are the greatest examples of being Christlike. What a sweetheart.